HERE ARE FOUR SIMPLE STEPS YOU CAN TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR VISION:
- Enjoy good, healthy food!
- Eat many different fruits and vegetables, including dark leafy greens
- Eat a variety of fish about twice per week
- Eat real eggs, an excellent source of lutein
- Exercise – move your body every day!
- Ask your doctor about taking a supplement
- Some supplements may help protect your vision, but they don’t take the place of a healthy diet!
- Don’t smoke – If you smoke, consider stopping as risk for age-related macular degeneration has been observed to lower with increasing years since stopping.